Domestic cleaning terms and conditions
Unlike our other cleaning services T&Cs documents, this one is intended purely for the provision of business-to-consumer (B2C, ie domestic) cleaning services. It is not suitable for business-to-business (B2B) services.
A B2C cleaning services contract can usually be shorter and simpler than an equivalent B2B contract; nonetheless, we have included some optional provisions in this document which may be omitted where the context allows.
In relation to charges, the document allows that they may be calculated on an hourly rate or agreed up-from. The document also allows (via an optional provision) for customers to cancel appointments on notice. The T&Cs may be used in relation to one-off contracts or ongoing contracts.Ask about this document
Domestic cleaning terms and conditions contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term: indefinite, or services completed and payment made; each contract distinct.
- Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services (B2C or mixed); failure to meet services standard; devotion of personnel to services; services: compliance with reasonable customer requests.
: obligations of second party in relation to premises (B2C); securing means of access to premises.CustomerPremises
- Customerobligations: general second party obligations; provision of access to utilities.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; time-base charges limitations; amounts inclusive of VAT; variation of charges.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Distance and off-premises contracts: cancellation right: distance and off-premises contracts: cancellation right for consumers; cancellation right for services and digital content; consumer agreement to provision of services; exercise of cancellation right; refund upon services distance contract cancellation; refund method; refund timing for services and digital content.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (B2B or B2C); interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause (optionally asymmetric); termination by either party without cause; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Status of Provider: first party is independent contractor not employee; no redundancy or compensation.
- Notices: contractual notices must be in writing; methods and deemed receipt of contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; asymmetric assignment of contractual rights (B2C); no third party rights; entire agreement (with statement of work); governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
STATEMENT OF WORK