Window cleaning terms and conditions
This window cleaning contract template should be used to create standard T&Cs for a window cleaning business. The document includes clauses relevant to both business customers and consumers, although it can be adapted with relative ease to cover only one class of customer.
Whilst many window cleaning businesses operate without any terms and conditions, they are usually essential for a business to operate within the law (courtesy of distance and doorstep selling rules as to which, see below). In addition, they can help protect the business from customer claims, and help ensure that invoices are promptly paid.
This template includes a clause designed to aid compliance with distance selling laws, which apply where a business enters into a contract with a consumer "at a distance", for example by email or telephone.Ask about this document
Window cleaning terms and conditions contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term: indefinite, or services completed and payment made; each contract distinct.
- Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services (B2C or mixed); failure to meet services standard; devotion of personnel to services; services: compliance with reasonable customer requests; adverse weather delaying services.
Servicesappointments: services appointments; late services appointments; rescheduling services appointments; cancellation of services appointment on notice; personnel shortage and cancellation of appointments.
- Providerpersonnel: assurances relating to personnel.
: obligations of second party in relation to premises (B2B or B2C); compliance with policies at premises (B2B or B2C); securing means of access to premises.CustomerPremises
- Customerobligations: general second party obligations; provision of access to utilities.
- Representatives: instructions given by second party representatives.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; time-base charges limitations; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT (B2B or B2C); variation of charges.
- Timesheets: obligation to keep timesheets; obligation to supply timesheets.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments (B2B or B2C).
- Provider's confidentiality obligations:Providerconfidentiality undertaking (no permitted purpose limitation); disclosure of confidential information byProviderto certain persons (no permitted purpose); exceptions toProviderconfidentiality obligations; disclosures ofCustomerconfidential information mandated by law etc;Providerconfidentiality obligations after termination.
- Distance and off-premises contracts: cancellation right: distance and off-premises contracts: cancellation right for consumers; cancellation right for services and digital content; consumer agreement to provision of services; exercise of cancellation right; refund upon services distance contract cancellation; refund method; refund timing for services and digital content.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Customerindemnity:CustomerindemnifiesProviderupon breach.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (B2B or B2C); interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract; aggregate liability cap upon services contract.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause (optionally asymmetric); termination by either party without cause; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Status of Provider: first party is independent contractor not employee; no redundancy or compensation.
- Notices: contractual notices must be in writing; methods and deemed receipt of contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; asymmetric variation; asymmetric assignment of contractual rights (B2B, B2C or mixed); no third party rights; entire agreement: documents; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
STATEMENT OF WORK