Privacy and cookies policy (lead generation)
This privacy and cookies policy template has been adapted for websites that earn money by passing leads or prospects to third party suppliers or service providers.
Generating leads inevitably involves the collection of personal data. Typically, a lead generation website will collection users' names, email addresses, postal addresses and telephone numbers, as well as information about the products or services that they have an interest in.
Much of the collected information will need to be passed on to third party suppliers or service providers. This policy is intended to help with the disclosures that are required under data protection law in relation to the passing of personal data to third parties, and data protection compliance more generally.
The template assumes that there are no financial transactions taking place between users and the website operator. If there are, additional disclosures will be required.Ask about this document
Privacy and cookies policy (lead generation) contents
- Collecting personal information: personal information collected (lead generation); disclosure of third party personal information.
- Using personal information: general uses of personal information; specific uses of personal information (lead generation); publication of personal information on website; privacy settings.
- Disclosing personal information: persons to whom personal information may be disclosed; disclosure to group companies; legal and regulatory disclosures; no other disclosures of personal information.
- International data transfers: transferring data to operating countries; transferring data outside the EEA; publication of personal data on internet; consent to international data transfers.
- Retaining personal information: data retention introduction; personal data retention default rule; personal data retention specific rules; personal data deletion exception.
- Security of personal information: personal data: technical and organisational security measures; personal information stored on secure servers; data sent over internet is insecure; keeping password confidential; security of lead data.
- Amendments: amendment by publication; check for changes to policy; notification of changes to policy.
- Your rights: subject access requests; subject access: withholding personal information; no marketing instructions; consent to marketing communications.
- Third party websites: hyperlinks to third party websites; no responsibility for third party privacy policies.
- Updating information: correcting or updating personal information.
- About cookies: what are cookies?; persistent and session cookies; cookies and personal information; cookie tracking.
- Our cookies: types of cookies used; cookies used on website and purposes.
- Third party cookies: use of third party cookies; google AdSense cookies; third party cookie details.
- Blocking cookies: how to block cookies; negative impact of blocking cookies; effects on website use of blocking cookies.
- Deleting cookies: how to delete cookies; effects of deleting cookies.
- Cookie preferences: managing cookie preferences.
- Data protection registration: registered with ICO; data protection registration number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.