Financial lead generation website terms and conditions
This T&Cs template is designed for websites that generate leads for financial services businesses.
The terms and conditions include a specific disclaimer concerning financial information. However, the document is not suitable for businesses conducting any activity that is regulated under financial services law. If you are uncertain whether you business is regulated, you should take specialist legal advice.
The T&Cs also include provisions requiring users outside the UK to take responsibility for their own legal compliance.
The provision of personal information to a financial services provider has obvious implications under data protection law: in this regard, see the version of our privacy and cookies policy that has been especially adapted for lead generation websites.Ask about this document
Financial lead generation website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; website user minimum age; cookie consent.
- Users outside the UK: website directed at UK residents; website may not comply with non-UK laws; non-UK residents responsible for lawful use of website; no liability in respect of persons outside the UK.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Licence to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website; redistributable content; restriction of access to website.
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions; using contact details prohibited; veracity of information supplied.
- Enquiries and leads: enquiry form use; onward supply of enquiry form information; onward supply of telephone and email enquiries; acknowledgement of lead generation fee; user acknowledgements regarding suppliers; no obligation to mediate or enforce contract with third party; provision subject to limitations of liability.
- Registration and accounts: account eligibility; account registration process; no other person permitted to use account; notify on misuse of account; use of another's account.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over free website account; cancellation of free website account by user.
- Investments and investment decisions: no financial promotions or investment advice; taking professional financial advice; investment warnings; not regulated under financial services law.
- Your content: licence: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Your content: rules: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content; no financial promotions or investment advice; disclosure of material interest in user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability.
- Indemnity: indemnity from website users.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Trade marks: website operator's trade marks; third party trade marks on website.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.