Free copyright notice
This is a copyright notice (or copyright statement) template, designed for use on a website.
Copyright is one of the cornerstone intellectual property rights. Although websites as such do not attract copyright protection, they are made up of works that do (literary works, graphical works and so on).
Using this template, the website operator may assert ownership of copyright in the website, and set out the basis upon which others may use the website.
In addition, the notice incorporates special provisions relating to copyright infringement and copyright-related notifications.
The template may be used on its own, or it may form part of a website's terms and conditions of use.Ask about this document
Free copyright notice contents
- Credit: docular credit; free documents licensing warning.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Copyright licence: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website (no redistributable content).
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions (simple).
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Enforcement of copyright: copyright protection taken seriously; consequences of copyright infringement.
- Permissions: how to request permission to use copyright materials.