Free cookies policy
In an ideal world, cookies policies would be published for the purpose of informing users about how tracking technologies are used on a website.
This template for the creation of cookies policies has been designed to help website operators comply with the UK and EU disclosure obligations.
Website operators may be required, in addition, to seek users' consent to the use of some cookies. The consent obligation sits alongside the information obligation, and compliance with the latter does not entail compliance with the former.
UK law on this subject is contained in Regulation 6 of The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011. The General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR will also apply where cookies use involves the processing of personal data.Ask about this document
Free cookies policy contents
- Credit: docular credit (free cookies policy); free documents licensing warning.
- About cookies: what are cookies?; persistent and session cookies; cookies and personal data.
- Cookies that we use: purposes for which cookies are used (including shopping cart).
- Managing cookies: how to manage cookies; negative impact of blocking cookies; effects on website use of blocking cookies.
- Cookie preferences: managing cookie preferences.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.