Video download terms and conditions
These video download terms and conditions document can be used to regulate the sale of downloadable video files and the purchaser's rights to use those video files. They assume that the sale transaction occurs on the seller's own website. They are designed to cover sales are to businesses or consumers or both.
In the case of sales to consumers, the terms and conditions suggest the limitation of use to personal use, and in the case of sales to businesses, to internal business use. The default licence terms prohibit the resale, redistribution, broadcasting or public display of the videos. The document may be used irrespective of whether the videos have had copy protection technology applied.
These terms and conditions are not suitable for regulating the purchase of videos that are streamed to subscribers or supplied in a similar manner.Ask about this document
Video download terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: purpose of document: governing downloads; express agreement to document upon order; no abridgment of consumer statutory rights.
- Interpretation: informal definitions for download terms and conditions.
- Order process: download advertisement as invitation to treat; no contracts except in accordance with order process; downloads order process; input error correction and identification.
- Prices: prices quoted on website; prices changes on website; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT.
- Payments: payment of download prices; methods of paying prices.
- Licensing of videos: format and supply of downloads; grant of licence to use downloads; permitted uses of videos; prohibited uses of videos; warranty of ability to use downloads; all rights in downloads reserved; retention of proprietary notices in downloads; rights granted are personal; licence to use downloads terminates upon breach; termination of download licence by deletion; consequence of termination of licence to use downloads.
- Guarantee: cancellation right for all customers: provisions apply to all customers; money-back guarantee for digital content; limitations on money-back guarantee for digital content; refund method; no abridgment of consumer statutory rights.
- Distance contracts: cancellation right for consumers: cancellation right for consumers; cancellation right for digital content; consumer agreement to provision of digital content; exercise of cancellation right; full refund upon distance contract cancellation; refund method; refund timing for services and digital content.
- Warranties and representations: customer warranties and representations; warranty relating to digital content (B2B); warranties relating to digital content (B2C or mixed); no implied warranties or representations relating to supply of intangibles.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (with consumer protection); interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software (with consumer protection); no liability for consequential loss (with consumer protection); no personal liability; liability cap upon services contract.
- Variation: revision of document by publishing new version on website; variations govern future contracts.
- Assignment: assignment by first party (with consumer rights); assignment by second party.
- No waivers: no unwritten waivers of breach; no continuing waiver.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - sale and licensing of downloads.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: copy of document not filed; language of document; value added tax number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.