Sponsorship agreement (standard)
A sponsorship agreement regulates the payment of monies by one person to another person in respect of sponsorship benefits. The subject matter of the sponsorship could be an event, team, individual sports competitor, project or location (referred to below as the "sponsorship subject matter").
Examples of sponsorship benefits include: (a) the sponsor's brand being used in conjunction with the name of the sponsorship subject matter ("Event A in association with with Sponsor B"); (b) the sponsor's brand appearing on marketing materials relating to the sponsorship subject matter; (c) rights to distribute sponsor marketing materials at any associated events; (d) complimentary tickets; (e) the right to present awards; (f) advertising space; and (g) database access.
To facilitate the provision and receipt of these types of benefits, this document includes a formal trade mark licence.
This is the shorter version of our sponsorship agreement: see also the "premium" version.Ask about this document
Sponsorship agreement (standard) contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term.
- Sponsorship benefits: grant of sponsorship benefits; standard of provision of sponsorship benefits; non-material variation of sponsorship benefits; substitution of sponsorship benefits; breach consequential upon other party's breach.
: provision of trade marks; licence to use sponsor trade marks; trade mark style guide; standard of use of trade marks; prohibition on actions liable to damage trade marks; goodwill in trade marks; specific request to cease use of trade marks; warranty of trade marks non-infringement; no implied rights to trade marks; trade marks upon termination.SponsorTrade Marks
- Reputation and goodwill: protection of second party reputation and goodwill; protection of first party reputation and goodwill.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments; interest on late payments.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause by first party; termination without cause by second party; termination by first party upon breach; termination by second party upon breach; termination upon insolvency.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Notices: methods and deemed receipt of contractual notices; contact details for contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (SPONSORSHIP PARTICULARS)
- Specification of sponsorship benefits: specification of sponsorship benefits prompt.
- Financial provisions: financial provisions prompt.