Free sponsorship agreement
A free sponsorship agreement under which one party, designated here as the organiser, grants to the other party, designated the sponsor, a package of sponsorship benefits.
The benefits are to be defined in a schedule to the sponsorship agreement. They could include, for example, association rights and obligations, digital or physical advertising inventory, branded marketing material production and distribution.
The default text of the free sponsorship agreement gives to the organiser the right to vary and substitute benefits, providing that this does not result in a substantial loss of value to the sponsor.
The sponsorship agreement includes a detailed trade mark licence, under which the sponsor may permit the organiser to use the sponsor's registered and unregistered trade marks, subject to appropriate controls.
Under another optional clause, each party undertakes not to take any action that will damage the reputation of the other.
In addition to these sponsorship-specific provisions, the free sponsorship agreement incorporates a set of structural and boilerplate clauses regulating the agreement term, termination, interpretation, notices, governing law, etc.Ask about this document
Free sponsorship agreement contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Credit: docular credit; free documents licensing warning.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term.
- Sponsorship benefits: grant of sponsorship benefits; standard of provision of sponsorship benefits; non-material variation of sponsorship benefits; substitution of sponsorship benefits; breach consequential upon other party's breach.
: provision of trade marks; licence to use sponsor trade marks; trade mark style guide; standard of use of trade marks; prohibition on actions liable to damage trade marks; goodwill in trade marks; specific request to cease use of trade marks; warranty of trade marks non-infringement; no implied rights to trade marks; trade marks upon termination.SponsorTrade Marks
- Reputation and goodwill: protection of second party reputation and goodwill; protection of first party reputation and goodwill.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments; interest on late payments.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause by first party; termination without cause by second party; termination by first party upon breach; termination by second party upon breach; termination upon insolvency.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Notices: methods and deemed receipt of contractual notices; contact details for contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (SPONSORSHIP PARTICULARS)
- Specification of sponsorship benefits: specification of sponsorship benefits prompt.
- Financial provisions: financial provisions prompt.