Terms and conditions for the supply of services (standard)
This document is composed of a set of terms and conditions designed to govern the provision of services, and a statement of work template wherein the parties can set out the particulars of each contract.
The core provisions of the terms and conditions cover the contractual term, the obligations to provide services, charges and payments, limitations of liability, methods of terminating the contract and the effects of termination. These core provisions are supplemented by a set of optional provisions, covering deliverables, customer materials, customer premises and personal data processing.
This document is not suitable for use in relation to consumer contracts (as opposed to business contracts), as it does not take account of the effects of consumer protection legislation.Ask about this document
Terms and conditions for the supply of services (standard) contents
- Definitions: definitions.
Term: commencement of term; end of term; each contract distinct. Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services; devotion of personnel to services; keeping customer informed of services; services: compliance with reasonable customer requests; services: compliance with internal policies.
- Customerobligations: provision of co-operation etc by second party; second party responsible for third party co-operation.
- Deliverables: obligation to deliver deliverables; feedback on deliverables; timetable for delivery of deliverables; deliverables warranties.
: obligations of second party in relation to premises; compliance with policies at premises; securing means of access to premises.CustomerPremises
- CustomerMaterials: supply of second party materials; licence of second party materials; warranties relating to second party materials.
Intellectual Property Rights: assignment of intellectual property rights in deliverables; licence to use deliverables; mixed assignment and licence of rights; licensing of third party materials; waiver of moral rights in deliverables; further assurance (intellectual property).
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; time-base charges limitations; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; variation of charges.
- Expenses: obligation to reimburse expenses; collection of evidence of expenses; supply of evidence of expenses.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Confidentiality obligations: first party confidentiality undertaking; second party confidentiality undertaking; disclosure of confidential information to certain persons; exceptions to confidentiality obligations; disclosures of confidential information mandated by law etc; parties to stop using confidential information upon termination; parties to return or destroy confidential information following termination; confidentiality obligations after termination.
- Data protection: compliance with data protection laws; warranty of Customer's right to disclose personal data (GDPR); details of personal data and purposes of processing bythe Provider(GDPR); duration of personal data processing byProvider(GDPR); personal data processed byProvideron instructions (GDPR); personal data processed byProvideras required by law (GDPR); confidentiality obligations onProviderpersons processing personal data (GDPR); security of personal data processed byProvider(GDPR); appointment of sub-processor byProvider(GDPR);Providerto assist with exercise of data subject rights (GDPR);Providerto assist with compliance (GDPR);Providerto provide information (GDPR); deletion of personal data byProvider(GDPR);Providerto allow audit (GDPR); changes to data protection law.
- Warranties: first party general warranties; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations (statement of work).
- Indemnities: first party indemnifies second party upon breach (deliverables); conditions upon first party indemnity; second party indemnifies first party upon breach; conditions upon second party indemnity; limitations of liability vs indemnities.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract; aggregate liability cap upon services contract.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause (optionally assymetric); termination by either party without cause; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Notices: contractual notices must be in writing; methods and deemed receipt of contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION)
- Categories of data subject: prompt for categories of data subject.
- Types of
Personal Data: prompt for types of personal data.
- Purposes of processing: prompt for personal data processing purposes.
- Security measures for
Personal Data: prompt for security measures for personal data.
- Sub-processors of Personal Data: prompt for identifying sub-processors of personal data.
STATEMENT OF WORK