Terms and conditions for the supply of services (premium)
This is the T&Cs-style equivalent of our premium services agreement. It has been created for use in relation to business-to-business services, but makes few assumptions about the nature of those services.
It incorporates a range of optional provisions to make adaptation easier. It does not, however, include any provisions to deal with regulations that may apply to a particular industry or sector.
The specifics of a contract, including the specification of services and the financial provisions, are set out in a statement of work, which is signed by each party.
The T&Cs include a clause covering the processing of personal data by the service provider on behalf of the customer. This clause has been updated to reflect the requirements of the GDPR.Ask about this document
Terms and conditions for the supply of services (premium) contents
- Definitions: definitions.
Term: commencement of term; end of term; each contract distinct. Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services; devotion of personnel to services; keeping customer informed of services; services: compliance with reasonable customer requests; services: compliance with internal policies.
- Customerobligations: provision of co-operation etc by second party; second party responsible for third party co-operation.
- Deliverables: obligation to deliver deliverables; feedback on deliverables; timetable for delivery of deliverables; deliverables warranties.
: obligations of second party in relation to premises; compliance with policies at premises; securing means of access to premises.CustomerPremises
- CustomerMaterials: supply of second party materials; licence of second party materials; warranties relating to second party materials.
Intellectual Property Rights: assignment of intellectual property rights in deliverables; licence to use deliverables; mixed assignment and licence of rights; licensing of third party materials; waiver of moral rights in deliverables; further assurance (intellectual property). Changecontrol: application of section to change requests; request changes at any time; change control notice to be in designated form; actions upon receipt of a change control notice; changes only take effect upon agreement of CCN.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; time-base charges limitations; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; variation of charges.
- Expenses: obligation to reimburse expenses; collection of evidence of expenses; supply of evidence of expenses.
- Timesheets: obligation to keep timesheets; obligation to supply timesheets.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Non-solicitation: restrictions on Provider: non-solicitation restrictions period; non-solicitation restrictions on first party; non-solicitation restrictions on affiliates; restrictions in section are reasonable; general exception to non-solicitation restrictions.
- Non-solicitation: restrictions on Customer: non-solicitation restrictions period; non-solicitation restrictions on second party; non-solicitation restrictions on affiliates; restrictions in section are reasonable; general exception to non-solicitation restrictions.
- Confidentiality obligations: first party confidentiality undertaking; second party confidentiality undertaking; disclosure of confidential information to certain persons; exceptions to confidentiality obligations; disclosures of confidential information mandated by law etc; parties to stop using confidential information upon termination; parties to return or destroy confidential information following termination; confidentiality obligations after termination.
- Publicity: limited public disclosures; limited public disclosures by first party; limited public disclosures by second party; confidentiality obligations overriding.
- Data protection: compliance with data protection laws; warranty of Customer's right to disclose personal data (GDPR); details of personal data processed bythe Provider(GDPR); purposes of processing of personal data bythe Provider(GDPR); duration of personal data processing byProvider(GDPR); personal data processed byProvideron instructions (GDPR); authorised international transfers of personal data (GDPR); informingCustomerof illegal instructions (GDPR); personal data processed byProvideras required by law (GDPR); confidentiality obligations onProviderpersons processing personal data (GDPR); security of personal data processed byProvider(GDPR); appointment of sub-processor byProvider(GDPR); authorisation forProviderto appoint sub-processors (GDPR);Providerto assist with exercise of data subject rights (GDPR);Providerto assist with compliance (GDPR); obligation to notifyCustomerof personal data breach (GDPR);Providerto provide data protection compliance information (GDPR); deletion of personal data byProvider(GDPR);Providerto allow audit (GDPR); changes to data protection law.
- Warranties: first party general warranties; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations (statement of work).
- Indemnities: first party indemnifies second party upon breach (deliverables); conditions upon first party indemnity; second party indemnifies first party upon breach; conditions upon second party indemnity; limitations of liability vs indemnities.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract; aggregate liability cap upon services contract.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause (optionally assymetric); termination by either party without cause; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Notices: contractual notices must be in writing; methods of sending contractual notices to first party; methods of sending contractual notices to second party; substitute contact details for notices; acknowledgement of notice by email; deemed receipt of contractual notices.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- No waivers: no unwritten waivers of breach; no continuing waiver.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Variation: variation in writing and signed, subject to change control.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement: documents; no mispresentation; section subject to caveats to limits of liablity.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (FORM OF
- Introduction: title of change; change control notice number; change proposor; date of change control notice; summary of proposed change.
Changedetails: insert details of change.
- Impact of
Change: impact upon resources; impact upon timetable; impact upon charges; other effects of proposed change.
- Agreement to
Change: acceptance of change by signature; form of signature block for first party; form of signature block for second party.
SCHEDULE 2 (DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION)
- Categories of data subject: prompt for categories of data subject.
- Types of
Personal Data: prompt for types of personal data.
- Purposes of processing: prompt for personal data processing purposes.
- Security measures for
Personal Data: prompt for security measures for personal data.
- Sub-processors of Personal Data: prompt for identifying sub-processors of personal data.
STATEMENT OF WORK