Data protection information notice for freelances
Under data protection law, data controllers have obligations to provide to data subjects (i.e. individuals) information about how they process personal data. This data protection information notice is designed to help controllers to meet those obligations with respect to individual subcontractors and freelances appointed by the controller.
The principal provision in the notice cover: (a) the purposes of processing and the legal bases of processing; (b) disclosures of personal data to third parties and international transfers; (c) data retention policies; and (d) security issues.
Categories of data that are considered include contact information, information in correspondence, information contained in deliverables, information about services provision, transaction information, and system usage information.
This notice has been drafted to take account of the rather specific requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, in both its original EU form and in its post-Brexit UK form.Ask about this document
Data protection information notice for freelances contents
- Introduction: commitment to privacy (freelances); document applies to controlled personal data; data controller name.
- The personal data that we collect: introduction to categories; processing of contact data (freelances); processing of communication data; processing of deliverables data (freelances); processing of services data (freelances); processing of usage data (software and IT systems); processing of other data; disclosure of third party personal data.
- Purposes of processing and legal bases: setting out purposes etc of personal data processing; processing for operations (suppliers); processing for communications (suppliers); processing for record keeping; processing for security; processing for insurance and risk management; processing for legal claims; processing for legal compliance and vital interests protection.
- Providing your personal data to others: intra-group disclosures of personal data; disclosure of personal data to insurers etc; disclosures of personal data to subcontractors; disclosure of personal data to payment services providers; disclosure of personal data necessary for legal compliance etc.
- International transfers of your personal data: introduction to international personal data transfers; UK to EEA and EEA to UK personal data transfers; international transfers within business; international transfers to other recipients.
- Retaining and deleting personal data: data retention introduction; personal data retention default rule; personal data retention specific rules; personal data retention criteria; personal data deletion exception.
- Security of personal data: appropriate technical and organisational security measures; personal data stored on secure servers and computers; encrypted storage of personal data; unencrypted data sent over internet is insecure; password security (software and IT systems).
- Amendments: changes to document published on website; notification of changes to document.
- Your rights: introduction to data subject rights summaries; list of data subject rights; summary of right to access personal data; summary of right to rectification of personal data; summary of right to erasure of personal data; summary of right to restrict processing of personal data; summary of right to object to processing of personal data; summary of right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing; summary of right to object to processing of personal data for research purposes; summary of right to personal data portability; summary of right to complain to data protection supervisory authority; summary of right to withdraw consent to personal data processing; exercise of data subject rights.
- Our details: legal name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.
- Representatives: identity and contact details of EU representative of data controller; identity and contact details of UK representative of data controller.
- Data protection officer: data protection officer contact details.