Club website terms and conditions
A website can be a great asset for a membership-based club; and all club websites should incorporate appropriate terms and conditions of use.
Club websites may serve a range of functions: promoting the club to potential members; encouraging and facilitating new membership applications; helping with club administration; and allowing club management to communicate with the membership. More sophisticated club websites will also allow members to communicate with the management and/or with each other.
These terms and conditions are concerned specifically with the use of the club website. Accordingly, they do not however cover membership terms or payment terms.
Club website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: members; website user minimum age.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Permission to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes (non-commercial); no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website; redistributable content (non-commercial); suspension or restriction of access to website.
- Misuse of website: acceptable use: prohibitions; using contact details prohibited; veracity of information supplied.
- Registration and accounts: provision of login details (club members); user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; notify on misuse of account; responsibility for password loss; use of another's account; rights of operator over free website account.
- Our rights to use your content: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Rules about your content: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- About our club: club legal status; charitable status; non-commercial address; contacting the website operator (non-commercial).