Social directory, affiliate and advertising website terms and conditions
This template combines the provisions of our terms and conditions templates for directory websites, social networking websites, affiliate websites and advertising websites.
The provisions relating to directories cover both free directory entries and those for which a person seeking a listing must pay - although it is a straightforward matter to omit either the free listing provisions or the paid listing provisions.
The social networking provisions assume that social functionality is free to use.
The section covering affiliates is designed to cover hyperlinks to merchant websites that are published on the website, where the website operator will earn commission or some other financial benefit if users click on those links and then go on to make a purchase or take some other defined action.
The advertising provisions are designed to cover the publication of advertisements on the website (e.g. banner ads) in exchange for the payment of fees.Ask about this document
Social directory, affiliate and advertising website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; website user minimum age; cookie consent.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Licence to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website; redistributable content; restriction of access to website.
- RSS feed: access to RSS feed; accessing RSS and acceptance of document; RSS licence; RSS licence condition; revocation of RSS licence.
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions; veracity of information supplied.
- Affiliate links: website includes affiliate links; affiliate fees; user acknowledgements regarding merchants; no obligation to mediate or enforce contract with third party; provision subject to limitations of liability.
- Use on behalf of organisation: use on behalf of another.
- Registration and accounts: account eligibility; account registration process; no other person permitted to use account; notify on misuse of account; use of another's account.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over account with paid services; cancellation of website account with paid services by user.
- Social networking: social networking features; no responsibility for user behaviour; no liability for defamatory posts.
- Directory: directory submissions welcome; directory submissions positive rules; directory submissions compliance with acceptable use etc; keeping directory submission up to date.
- Free directory listings: free directory listing submission process; free directory listing period; deletion of free listings.
- Paid directory listings: paid directory listing submission process; input error correction and identification; benefits of paid submissions; paid directory listing period; deletion of paid listings.
- Prohibited directory submissions: reservation of right to reject or delete directory submissions; no refunds on rejection or deletion of directory submissions.
- Advertisements: advertisement submissions are welcome; submission of advertisement; input error correction and identification; advertisement subject matter; advertisements correctly categorised; unlawful advertisements; prohibited advertisements; advertisement compliance; licence of advertisement; keeping advertisements up to date; processing of advertisements; rejection and deletion of advertisements; period of publication of advertisement; free advertisements.
- Fees: fees specified on website; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; payment of fees; variation of fees; disputed payments; unjustified charge-backs; unpaid fees: withdrawal of services; right of set off.
- Your content: licence: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Your content: rules: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability; liability cap upon services contract.
- Indemnity: indemnity from website users.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Trade marks: website operator's trade marks; third party trade marks on website.
- Competitions: competitions on website; competition terms and conditions.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: copy of document not filed; language of document; ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number; link to ODR website; name and URL of ADR provider.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.