Assignment of rights in a website
If you need to assign the copyright and other unregistered IPR in a website from one person (or company) to another person (or company) you should consider this document. Based on our standard copyright assignment, the subject matter of the transfer is designated using two key definitions: "Excluded IP" refers to the IP that is reserved to the transferor; and "Assignment" IP refers to the IP to be transferred, subject to that express exclusion.Ask about this document
Assignment of rights in a website contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Consideration: consideration benefiting first party.
- Assignment: assignment of intellectual property rights with full title guarantee option; assignment of owned intellectual property rights in works; assignment for full term of rights; assignment includes right to claim for past infringements.
- Moral rights: warranty that rights of paternity in works have been waived; acknowledgement of assertion of right of paternity in works; assertion of moral right of paternity in works; warranty that right of integrity in works has been waived.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; first party warranties relating to unregistered assignment IP; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Indemnity: first party indemnifies second party upon breach.
- Limits upon exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability.
- Further assurance: further assurance (intellectual property); assistance with registration of intellectual property rights; assistance with proceedings relating to assigned intellectual property.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (RIGHTS IN WEBSITE: IDENTIFICATION)
- Website: identification of rights in a website to be assigned.
Excluded IP: identification of intellectual property rights to be excluded from assignment.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.