Assignment of intellectual property rights
This document can be used to assign (ie transfer ownership of) intellectual property rights. Those rights may be registered and/or unregistered rights. An assignment of registered intellectual property rights should usually itself be registered with the appropriate authorities. For instance, an assignment of a UK registered trade mark should be registered with the UK Intellectual Property Office using Form TM 16 (Application to record a change of ownership).Ask about this document
Assignment of intellectual property rights contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Consideration: consideration benefiting first party.
- Assignment: assignment of intellectual property rights with full title guarantee option; assignment of owned intellectual property rights in works; assignment for full term of rights; assignment includes right to claim for past infringements.
- Moral rights: warranty that rights of paternity in works have been waived; acknowledgement of assertion of right of paternity in works; assertion of moral right of paternity in works; warranty that right of integrity in works has been waived.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; first party warranties relating to assignment IP; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Indemnity: first party indemnifies second party upon breach.
- Limits upon exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability.
- Further assurance: further assurance (intellectual property); assistance with registration of intellectual property rights; assistance with proceedings relating to assigned intellectual property.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (
Assignment IP: registered rights: identification of registered intellectual property to be assigned. Assignment IP: works: identification of unregistered intellectual property to be assigned. Excluded IP: identification of intellectual property rights to be excluded from assignment.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.