Free consultancy terms and conditions
This is a short-form consultancy T&Cs document, which can be used free of charge if you retain the Docular credit.
The template includes provisions relating to the services to be provided, the supply of deliverables, the licensing of rights in the deliverables to the client, the charges payable by the client, the status of the consultant, subcontracting, and much else besides.
The particulars of each contract should be set out in a distinct statement of work, and a skeleton for this document is provided with the template.
This T&Cs document contains the same substantive provisions as the free consultancy agreement document; only the form is different.
If you wish to use this document without the Docular credit, you can purchase a licence to do so; credit aside, the document is identical to the consultancy terms and conditions (basic) that we publish.Ask about this document
Free consultancy terms and conditions contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Credit: docular credit; free documents licensing warning.
Term: commencement of term; end of term: indefinite, or deliverables delivered, services completed and payment made; each contract distinct.
- Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services.
- Deliverables: obligation to deliver deliverables; feedback on deliverables; timetable for delivery of deliverables; deliverables warranties (no acceptance procedure).
- Licence: licence to use deliverables.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Warranties: first party general warranties; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations (statement of work).
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss.
- Termination: termination without cause (optionally asymmetric); termination by either party without cause; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Status of Consultant: first party is independent contractor not employee; no redundancy or compensation.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
STATEMENT OF WORK