Free report disclaimer
Reports come in many forms, and in some of forms create legal risk for the report publisher. This disclaimer is designed to help report publishers to manage such legal risks.
The disclaimer incorporates a copyright notice, identifying the owner of copyright in the report and the date of first publication. It also incorporates a licensing clause, which sets out the permitted and prohibited uses of the report.
The core provisions of the disclaimer are designed to limit the scope of the publisher's potential liability with respect to the report. As with all disclaimers of liability, there is a risk that particular provisions of the disclaimer may be unenforceable in court. For this reason, you should consider taking legal advice in relation to any disclaimer document you wish to use.Ask about this document
Free report disclaimer contents
- Credit: docular credit (unnumbered); free documents licensing warning.
- Copyright notice: copyright details; intellectual property rights reserved (report).
- Licence to use report: licence to use report; prohibitions on use of report; retention of report copyright etc notices; rights granted by document are personal; licence terminates upon breach; actions on termination of report licence.
- Digital rights management: digital rights management for report.
- Pirate copies: receiving a copy of report from other sources; link to buying a genuine copy of report.
- No advice: report contains information not advice; no reliance on information in the report; report and medical attention; no legal advice in report.
- Limited warranties: accuracy of report content; no warranty that report will lead to outcome; exclusion of warranties etc in relation to report.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; aggregate liability cap under document.
- Trade marks: trade mark ownership; third party trade marks in report.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.