This disclaimer template is for written reports. The template text is designed to help a business or other organisation that publishes written reports to manage the legal risks associated with those reports.
The key provisions of the disclaimer can be used to limit, or purport to limit: (i) the scope of the publisher's responsibilities in relation to the text of the report; and/or (ii) the types and extent of liability that might arise in the event of a valid claim against the publisher.
In addition to the limitations of responsibilities and liabilities, the disclaimer includes a copyright notice and some licensing text. The licensing text specifies the ways in which the report may be used and the ways in which it may not be used.Ask about this document
Report disclaimer contents
- Copyright notice: copyright details; intellectual property rights reserved (report).
- Licence to use report: licence to use report; prohibitions on use of report; retention of report copyright etc notices; rights granted by document are personal; licence terminates upon breach; actions on termination of report licence.
- Digital rights management: digital rights management for report.
- Pirate copies: receiving a copy of report from other sources; link to buying a genuine copy of report.
- No advice: report contains information not advice; no reliance on information in the report; report and medical attention; no legal advice in report.
- Limited warranties: accuracy of report content; no warranty that report will lead to outcome; exclusion of warranties etc in relation to report.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; aggregate liability cap under document.
- Trade marks: trade mark ownership; third party trade marks in report.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.