Dating website terms and conditions
This document has been created for subscription-based dating websites. It incorporates detailed clauses covering, amongst other things, the following matters: users' rights to use the website; acceptable uses; user accounts; subscriber benefits; charges and payments; distance selling refunds; warranties and liabilities; breaches of the terms and conditions; and statutory disclosures.Ask about this document
Dating website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; website user minimum age; cookie consent.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Licence to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website; redistributable content; restriction of access to website.
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions; veracity of information supplied.
- Registration and accounts: account eligibility; account registration process; no other person permitted to use account; notify on misuse of account; use of another's account.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over account with paid services (B2C or mixed); cancellation of website account with paid services by user.
- Dating services: initiating subscription; input error correction and identification; types of dating services; variation of subscription benefits; end of subscription period; no direct communication information; no responsibility for user behaviour.
- Personal profiles: profile information accurate etc; profiles to be kept up to date; personal profile as user content.
- Fees: fees specified on website; amounts inclusive of VAT; payment of fees; variation of fees; disputed payments; unjustified charge-backs; unpaid fees: withdrawal of services; right of set off.
- Distance contracts: cancellation right: cancellation right for consumers; cancellation right for services and digital content; consumer agreement to provision of services; exercise of cancellation right; refund upon services distance contract cancellation; refund method; refund timing for services and digital content.
- Your content: licence: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Your content: rules: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (with consumer protection); interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software (with consumer protection); no liability for consequential loss (with consumer protection); no personal liability; liability cap upon services contract.
- Indemnity: indemnity from website users.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Trade marks: website operator's trade marks; third party trade marks on website.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: consumers.
- Assignment: assignment by first party (with consumer rights); assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: copy of document not filed; language of document; ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number; link to ODR website; name and URL of ADR provider.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.