Free end user licence agreement
This document is a free-to-use software EULA or end user licence. Click-wrap and web-wrap licences can be created using this document, as well as more traditional shrink-wrap licences. The document governs the legal relationship between a licensor and its customers.
Note: although this EULA can be used for B2C licences as well as B2B licences, it does not include a distance selling clause. See our software download T&Cs for a document incorporating such a clause.
There are a range of optional provisions in the EULA. These cover such matters as: a contractual right to a return/refund; the provision of support in relation to the software; and the supply and application of updates to the software.Ask about this document
Free end user licence agreement contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Credit: docular credit; free documents licensing warning.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term.
- Licence: grant of licence to use software (no adaptation); no sub-licensing of software; right to sub-license software; software licence prohibitions; security of licensed software.
- Source Code: no licence of source code.
Maintenance Services: maintenance services provision; standard of maintenance services; software updates and upgrades warranty (first party application); software updates and upgrades warranty (second party application); suspension of maintenance services; termination of maintenance services for convenience; discontinuing software maintenance services; consequences of termination of maintenance services. Support Services: support services provision; standard of support services; suspension of support services; termination of support services for convenience; consequences of termination of support services.
- No assignment of
Intellectual Property Rights: no assignments of intellectual property rights.
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT.
- Payments: issue of invoices or receipts (flexible); time for payment of charges (advance or arrears); payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; software licence warranties; warranty of legality of software; software intellectual property infringement warranty; breach of software infringement warranty; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Acknowledgements and warranty limitations: software not error free; software not entirely secure; software compatibility is limited; no legal etc advice with software.
- Indemnities: indemnity (flexible, with definition); conditions upon first party indemnity; indemnity (flexible, with definition); conditions upon second party indemnity; limitations of liability vs indemnities.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (B2B or B2C); interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract; aggregate liability cap upon services contract.
- Termination: termination without cause by first party; termination without cause by second party; termination upon breach; termination upon insolvency; termination upon non-payment.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights; charges on termination of contract (services and licences); software licences on contract termination; software copies on contract termination.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; asymmetric assignment of contractual rights; no third party rights; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.