Accountancy website terms and conditions
Websites that publish accountancy-related content present particular risks. There are various ways that a person may suffer loss by following advice or guidance relating to accountancy. For instance, acting upon out-of-date or summary information could quite easily result in non-compliance with the laws relating to accounts preparation.
This terms and conditions documents is intended to help mitigate these risks.
In addition to those specialist provisions that cover risks related specifically to accountancy information, these terms and conditions include general terms relating to rights to use the website, acceptable use restrictions, user accounts and user content.
The terms and conditions do not contain any provisions relating to payments or paid-for services, and should not be used in relation to any contracts under which services (including but not limited to accountancy services) will be provided.Ask about this document
Accountancy website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; website user minimum age; cookie consent.
- Users outside the UK: website directed at UK residents; website may not comply with non-UK laws; non-UK residents responsible for lawful use of website; no liability in respect of persons outside the UK.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Licence to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website (no redistributable content); restriction of access to website.
- RSS feed: access to RSS feed; accessing RSS and acceptance of document; RSS licence; RSS licence condition; revocation of RSS licence.
- Downloadable content: availability of downloadable content; redistribution of downloadable content.
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions; using contact details prohibited; veracity of information supplied.
- Professional advice: no giving professional advice.
- Registration and accounts: account eligibility; account registration process; no other person permitted to use account; notify on misuse of account; use of another's account.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over free website account; cancellation of free website account by user.
- Accountancy information: no accountancy advice; information is not an alternative to accountant advice; consult an accountant about accountancy questions; never delay etc seeking accountancy advice; accountancy information and interactive features; no accountant-client relationship.
- Third party information and relationships: mere conduit of third party information; no liability in relation to third party information; third party relationships at sole risk of user.
- Your content: licence: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Your content: rules: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability.
- Indemnity: indemnity from website users.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Trade marks: website operator's trade marks; third party trade marks on website.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.