School website terms and conditions
Most schools now have a website, but many do not have adequate legal documentation.
This template has been designed to make the creation of terms and conditions for a school website easy. The template includes provisions dealing with copyright in the website, acceptable use of the website and liability in relation to the use of the website.
The template assumes that the website does not allow the publication of content by users on the website.Ask about this document
School website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; cookie consent.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Permission to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website (no redistributable content); suspension or restriction of access to website.
- Misuse of website: acceptable use: prohibitions; using contact details prohibited; veracity of information supplied.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach (no accounts); non circumvention of measures upon breach (no accounts).
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- About our school: school legal status; charitable status; non-commercial address; contacting the website operator (non-commercial).