Recruitment website terms and conditions
This document has been created for recruitment websites - that is, websites that bring together employers and jobseekers.
The terms and conditions make a number of assumptions about the functionality of the website: that recruiters will pay for access to services (or at least some of the services); and that service will be free for jobseekers. However, the terms and conditions do not make many assumptions about the nature of the services that recruiters will pay for.
This document includes basic disclosures required by recruitment website operators under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Nonetheless, if your business may constitute an employment agency, you should take legal advice on the operation of your business and the terms of your contracts with recruiters and jobseekers.Ask about this document
Recruitment website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; website user minimum age.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Permission to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website; redistributable content; suspension or restriction of access to website.
- Misuse of website: acceptable use: prohibitions; veracity of information supplied.
- Use on behalf of organisation: use on behalf of another.
- Jobseeker registration and accounts: provisions apply to jobseekers; account eligibility (private individuals); account registration process.
- Recruiter registration and accounts: provisions apply to recruiters; account eligibility (businesses); account registration process; account fees; paid-for account period.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over account with paid services; cancellation of website account with paid services by user.
- Jobseeker services: jobseeker services; jobseekers' relationships with recruiters; jobseeker information; CVs as your content.
- Recruiter services: recruiter services; advertisements as user content; recruiters' relationships with jobseekers; posting job advertisements; use of jobseeker database; recruiter services warranty; recruiter warranty exceptions.
- Fees: fees specified on website; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; payment of fees; variation of fees; disputed payments; unjustified charge-backs; unpaid fees: withdrawal of services; right of set off.
- Our rights to use your content: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Rules about your content: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules; civility and user content; hyperlinking and user content; previous complaints and user content.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability; liability cap upon services contract.
- Indemnity: indemnity from website users.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Trade marks: trade mark ownership; third party trade marks on website.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Employment agency providing introductions: acting as employment agency for jobseekers; acting as employment agency for employers.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: ecommerce regulations order process information; copy of document not filed; language of document; ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.