Corporate website terms and conditions
This document has been created for business brochure websites, and is suitable for the websites of both small and large businesses.
It includes all the standard provisions in our generic website T&Cs documents, which cover such matters as acceptable use, user content, disclaimers of liability and disclosures mandated by statute.
In addition, a set of special provisions are included, which relate specifically to business brochure websites. These cover the use of downloadable content (eg business white papers), customer testimonials and job notices on the website.
This document is not sufficient for use in relation to websites offering paid services.Ask about this document
Corporate website terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: document governs website use; consent to website document: implied; consent to website terms and conditions: express; cookie consent.
- Copyright notice: UCC copyright notice; ownership of rights in website.
- Licence to use website: licence to use website; no downloading; website use: permitted purposes; no modification of website content; limitations on licence to use website (no redistributable content); restriction of access to website.
- RSS feed: access to RSS feed; accessing RSS and acceptance of document; RSS licence; RSS licence condition; revocation of RSS licence.
- Downloadable content: availability of downloadable content; redistribution of downloadable content.
- Acceptable use: acceptable use: prohibitions; using contact details prohibited; veracity of information supplied.
- Registration and accounts: account eligibility; account registration process; no other person permitted to use account; notify on misuse of account; use of another's account.
- User login details: provision of login details; user ID rules and impersonation; password to be kept confidential; notify on disclosure of password; responsibility for password loss.
- Cancellation and suspension of account: rights of operator over free website account; cancellation of free website account by user.
- Testimonials: scope of testimonials provisions; testimonials not user content; testimonials licence; sub-licensing of testimonials; right to bring proceedings in respect of testimonials.
- Recruitment: job advertisements may be posted on website; job advertisements information may be udated; no obligation to consider job applications etc; job candidate information treatment; retention of job application information by candidates.
- Your content: licence: definition of user content; licence of user content; sub-licensing of user content; right to bring proceedings in respect of user content; waiver of moral rights in user content; user may edit own content; delete etc user content on breach.
- Your content: rules: user content warranty; no unlawful user content; user content rules.
- Report abuse: request to report abuse; how to report abuse.
- Limited warranties: no warranties for information; right to discontinue website publication; no implied warranties or representations relating to website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liablity for free information or services; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; no personal liability.
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: consequences of breach; non circumvention of measures upon breach.
- Third party websites: third party websites: hyperlinks not recommendations; third party websites: no control or liability.
- Variation: document may be revised; variation of website document: unregistered users; variation of website document: registered users.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - use of website.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: ecommerce regulations: trade register; ecommerce regulations: authorisation scheme; ecommerce regulations: professionals; ecommerce regulations: code of conduct; value added tax number.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.