Non-disclosure agreement (invention)
This non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a lightly modified version of our "unilateral" NDA document, designed for use in relation to the disclosure of an invention and related information by an inventor to a potential industrial or commercial partner. Note that potentially patentable inventions should be kept confidential. A failure to do so may prevent the grant of a patent, or render a granted patent invalid.Ask about this document
Non-disclosure agreement (invention) contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term.
- Recipientconfidentiality obligations:Recipientconfidentiality undertaking (permitted purpose mandatory); disclosure of confidential information byRecipientto certain persons for permitted purpose; exceptions toRecipientconfidentiality obligations; disclosures ofInventorconfidential information mandated by law etc;Recipientto stop using confidential information upon termination;Recipientto return or destroy confidential information following termination;Recipientconfidentiality obligations after termination.
- Intellectual property rights: no assignment of first party intellectual property rights; no licence or limited licence to use Inventorconfidential information.
- Warranties: first party warranty of authority; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Termination: termination by either party at will.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- General: no waiver; severability; variation written and signed; no assignment without written consent; no third party rights; caveats to limits of liability; entire agreement; governing law; exclusive jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
This is a shortened preview of the editor interface; once you create your instance you'll be able to edit the full document in our online editor.
This is a shortened preview of the DOCX output; once you create your instance you'll be able to download the full document in PDF, HTML, RTF and/or DOCX (Microsoft Word) format.