Table booking terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are designed to be used in relation to an online table reservation system for a restaurant or similar establishment.
The terms and conditions may also be used with respect to bookings made over the telephone or in person but in these cases, if you want the terms and conditions to be enforceable, you will need to ensure that the person making the booking has the opportunity to agree to the document (such that a contract is created).
The core provisions of the terms and conditions cover the method of making a booking, the circumstances in which a deposit may be taken (e.g. during national holidays) and in which it may be lost, the responsibilities of both the establishment and the person making the booking, and ways of cancelling a booking. The terms and conditions grant to the establishment strong rights to cancel bookings made by customers, and limited obligations to fulfil bookings.Ask about this document
Table booking terms and conditions contents
- Introduction: confirmation of what the terms and conditions apply to; confirmation of acceptance of the terms and conditions; acknowledgement of liability.
- How to book a table: how to book a table; confirmation of when bookings must be made by telephone; confirmation that a booking request may be accepted or rejected; confirmation that a booking request will be confirmed.
- Deposits: confirming when a deposit is necessary; confirming when a deposit is necessary; confirming deposit will be deducted from bill; confirming deposits are non-refundable; confirming when the deposit is lost.
- Responsibilities: confirmation that any information provided is accurate; requesting prompt notification of any changes; confirming requirements if a small children are being brought to the premises; confirming requirements if a dog is being brought to the premises; confirming the requirement to arrive on time; confirming action if late for a booking; reserving particular table(s); confirming no guarantee of providing a suitable table; confirming time period of booking.
- Cancellation: confirming notice period of cancellations; confirming method of cancelling a booking by customer; confirming method of cancelling a booking by service provider; confirming refund of deposit if booking cancelled; Rights in relation to Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 .
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.