Consultancy agreement (premium)
This consultancy agreement allows for a great deal of flexibility in the structuring of the legal relationship between the consultant and the client. It is particularly suitable for more complex arrangements involving valuable deliverables, IP licences or assignments, the disclosure of sensitive information and/or close cooperation between the parties.
This premium agreement goes further than the standard version in relation to the definition of client obligations: the parties may agree that the client is responsible for such matters as providing general assistance, securing advice regarding tax or legal matters and assuring the cooperation of third parties as necessary. These sorts of obligations are helpful where the services relate in some way to matters which are beyond the immediate expertise of the consultant.
This document includes an optional acceptance procedure for deliverables.
In contrast to the standard consultancy agreement, the indemnity provisions in the premium agreement are reciprocal; likewise, the confidentiality and publicity provisions.
Other provisions cover: the reimbursement of expenses incurred by the consultant; the maintenance of timesheets and disclosure of timesheets to the client; and non-solicitation of personnel.
NB all of the provision of the basic and standard consultancy agreements are included in this document, and the additions are largely optional.Ask about this document
Consultancy agreement (premium) contents
- Definitions: definitions.
- Term: commencement of term; end of term: indefinite, acceptance, event or date.
- Services: obligation to provide services; standard of services; devotion of personnel to services; keeping customer informed of services; services: compliance with reasonable customer requests; services: compliance with internal policies.
- Clientobligations: provision of co-operation etc by second party; second party responsible for third party co-operation.
- Deliverables: obligation to deliver deliverables; feedback on deliverables; timetable for delivery of deliverables; deliverables warranties.
- Acceptance: acceptance test or review by second party; deemed acceptance of deliverables; deliverables do not meet acceptance criteria in tests or review; subseqent failures of deliverables to meet acceptance criteria in tests or review; consequences of acceptance of deliverables.
- ClientMaterials: supply of second party materials; licence of second party materials; warranties relating to second party materials.
Intellectual Property Rights: assignment of intellectual property rights in deliverables; licence to use deliverables; mixed assignment and licence of rights; licensing of third party materials; waiver of moral rights in deliverables; further assurance (intellectual property).
- Charges: obligation to pay charges; time-base charges limitations; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; variation of charges.
- Expenses: obligation to reimburse expenses; collection of evidence of expenses; supply of evidence of expenses.
- Timesheets: obligation to keep timesheets; obligation to supply timesheets.
- Payments: issue of invoices; time for payment of charges following invoice; payment methods; interest on late payments.
- Confidentiality obligations: first party confidentiality undertaking; second party confidentiality undertaking; disclosure of confidential information to certain persons; exceptions to confidentiality obligations; disclosures of confidential information mandated by law etc; parties to stop using confidential information upon termination; parties to return or destroy confidential information following termination; confidentiality obligations after termination.
- Publicity: limited public disclosures; limited public disclosures by first party; limited public disclosures by second party; confidentiality obligations overriding.
- Data protection: warranty of Client's right to disclose personal data (GDPR); categories of data subject whose personal data is processed bythe Consultant(GDPR); types of personal data processed byConsultant(GDPR); personal data processed for specified purposes; duration of personal data processing byConsultant(GDPR); personal data processed byConsultanton instructions (GDPR); personal data processed byConsultantas required by law (GDPR); confidentiality obligations onConsultantpersons processing personal data (GDPR); security of personal data processed byConsultant(GDPR); appointment of sub-processor byConsultant(GDPR);Consultantto assist with exercise of data subject rights (GDPR);Consultantto assist with compliance (GDPR);Consultantto provide information (GDPR); deletion of personal data byConsultant(GDPR);Consultantto allow audit (GDPR); changes to data protection law.
- Warranties: first party general warranties; second party warranty of authority; exclusion of implied warranties and representations.
- Indemnities: first party indemnifies second party upon breach (deliverables); conditions upon first party indemnity; second party indemnifies first party upon breach; conditions upon second party indemnity; limitations of liability vs indemnities.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability; interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for loss of profits; no liability for loss of revenue; no liability for loss of use; no liability for loss of opportunities; no liability for loss of data or software; no liability for consequential loss; per event liability cap upon services contract; aggregate liability cap upon services contract.
Force Majeure Event: obligations suspended for force majeure; force majeure notification and information; mitigation of effects of force majeure.
- Termination: termination without cause by first party; termination without cause by second party; termination by first party upon breach; termination by second party upon breach; termination upon insolvency.
- Effects of termination: surviving provisions upon termination; termination does not affect accrued rights.
- Non-solicitation of personnel: non-solicitation of employees by second party; non-solicitation of employees by first party.
- Status of Consultant: first party is independent contractor not employee; no redundancy or compensation.
- Notices: contractual notices must be in writing; methods of sending contractual notices to first party; methods of sending contractual notices to second party; contact details for contractual notices; substitute contact details for notices; acknowledgement of notice by email; deemed receipt of contractual notices.
- Subcontracting: no subcontracting without consent; subcontracting permitted; first party responsible for subcontracted obligations.
- Assignment: assignment by first party; assignment by second party.
- No waivers: no unwritten waivers of breach; no continuing waiver.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Variation: variation in writing and signed.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement: documents; no mispresentation; section subject to caveats to limits of liablity.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Interpretation: statutory references; section headings not affecting interpretation; calendar month meaning; no ejusdem generis.
SCHEDULE 1 (
- Specification of
Services: specification of services prompt.
- Specification of
Deliverables: specification of deliverables prompt.
- Timetable: timetable prompt.
: second party materials prompt.ClientMaterials
- Financial provisions: financial provisions prompt.
SCHEDULE 2 (DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION)
- Categories of data subject: prompt for categories of data subject.
- Types of
Personal Data: prompt for types of personal data.
- Purposes of processing: prompt for personal data processing purposes.
- Security measures for
Personal Data: prompt for security measures for personal data.
- Sub-processors of Personal Data: prompt for identifying sub-processors of personal data.