Free terms and conditions of sale via website (B2C)
Under this free-to-use T&Cs template, a website operator may contract through the website to supply goods to consumers.
The T&Cs have three main purposes. First, they set out the legal basis of the contract between the supplier and the customer. Second, they help mitigate risks to the supplier that arise out of that contract. Third, they help the supplier to comply with applicable legislation. In this regard, the document reflects the latest requirements of consumer protection legislation (including distance selling legislation).
This document should not be used for offline sales or for sales to businesses. Nor should it be used for sales of services or digital products. If the products you wish to sell are subject to special regulation of any kind, you should take legal advice before using this template.Ask about this document
Free terms and conditions of sale via website (B2C) contents
- Credit: docular credit; free documents licensing warning.
- Introduction: purpose of document: governing product sales via website; express agreement to document upon order; no abridgment of consumer statutory rights.
- Interpretation: party description definitions.
- Order process: product advertisement as invitation to treat; no contracts except in accordance with order process; online products order process; input error correction and identification.
- Products: types of products; products may change.
- Prices: prices quoted on website; prices changes on website; amounts inclusive or exclusive of VAT; website prices may be incorrect; delivery charges.
- Payments: payment of product prices; methods of paying prices; non payment of product prices; unjustified charge-backs.
- Deliveries: document governing deliveries; address for delivery; time for delivery of products; guaranteed delivery period; delivery location restriction.
- Distance contracts: cancellation right: cancellation right for consumers; cancellation right for products; exercise of cancellation right; return of products upon cancellation; refund upon distance contract for products cancellation; diminished value of product on cancellation; refund method; refund timing for products; products excluded from distance contracts right of cancellation.
- Warranties and representations: customer warranties and representations including delivery of products; seller warranties relating to products; no implied warranties or representations relating to sale of products.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability (with consumer protection); interpretation of limits of liability; no liability for force majeure; no liability for business losses; no personal liability; liability cap upon product sale.
- Order cancellation: cancellation by first party upon breach; cancellation by second party upon breach; cancellation by first party upon force majeure.
- Consequences of order cancellation: consequences of cancellation of contract to delivery products.
- Scope: document does not cover IP; document does not cover licensing; document does not cover services.
- Variation: revision of document by publishing new version on website; variations govern future contracts.
- Assignment: assignment by first party (with consumer rights); assignment by second party.
- No waivers: no unwritten waivers of breach; no continuing waiver.
- Severability: severability of whole; severability of parts.
- Third party rights: third party rights: benefit; third party rights: exercise of rights.
- Entire agreement: entire agreement - sale of products.
- Law and jurisdiction: governing law; jurisdiction.
- Statutory and regulatory disclosures: copy of document not filed; language of document; value added tax number; link to ODR website; name and URL of ADR provider.
- Our details: website operator name; company registration details; place of business; contact information.