Health and fitness information disclaimer
Websites that publish information relating to health and fitness may be at risk of complaints from users, and even legal action.
This disclaimer document is designed to help website operators to manage these risks.
Of course, no disclaimer is bullet-proof, and a disclaimer that has been drafted to take account of the particular situation of a particular website may be more effective than this more generic document. If your website presents significant risks, you should take specific legal advice.Ask about this document
Health and fitness information disclaimer contents
- No advice: website contains general information; information is not advice.
- No warranties: no representations or warranties in relation to information; no warranties in relation to availability or accuracy etc of information.
- Health and fitness information: responsibility for acting on exercise information; no changes to diet etc without consulting professional.
- Medical assistance: medical information not alternative to advice; consult healthcare provider regarding specific medical questions; seek immediate attention for medical conditions; no delaying medical advice etc.
- Interactive features: website includes interactive features; assistance through website may be incomplete; interactive feature assistance not advice.
- No liability: no liability for reliance upon information.
- Limits upon exclusions of liability: caveats to limits of liability.